Sunday, December 13, 2009

5K

We were so excited to be home this year for the Run to the Lights 5K. We have both always wanted to be a part of this 5K but the timing of our trips home have never worked out. This year it finally fell right!! The Run to the Lights is a 5K through Silver Dollar City that benefits The Caring People, an organization in Branson, MO.

We decided to make a whole night of it by meeting up with the Arthurs and the Goings (Jason and Stephanie & kids) around 5 ish. Once we arrived to SDC we immediately hit the Tatershack. After dinner we (well everyone but me) took turns riding as many rides with the kids as we could. It was fun watching Elliott and Maddy have a blast on all the rides. We definitely had an apple turn over and wassail....yum! After the park closed....the race began.
Here we are before the race
I was SO thankful to find out my dear friend Betsy was coming to the race with some other friends and she thankfully volunteered to stay with me. I was going a little slower than the average person. But we had a wonderful visit as we completed our 5K. I was just excited to finish in under an hour. An hour was my goal and we finished in 48 minutes I think. We even jogged through several parts of the trail. Thanks Betz for staying with me. I will always cherish that time I had with you!!
Betz and I after the race.



Here we are after the race!!! Way to go P & C and baby Goings

Now let's head to Steak n' Shake says Courtney and baby Goings!!!!

No comments: