Thursday, October 11, 2007

The ants go marching

The other day we were talking on the phone to Preston's brother Jason and his wife Stephanie when all of the sudden Preston completely leaves the conversation and goes on a complete tangent. He started talking about the ants outside and how they were carrying a dead cockroach. Jason and Stephanie are my witnesses that Preston went on and on for about 5 minutes talking about these ants.

So after we got off the phone I went to look at these ants and lo and behold it was amazing!!! The pictures will explain the amazement of several ants working together! Maybe this was one of the reasons it was written in Proverbs 6:6-8

6 Go to the ant, you sluggard;
consider its ways and be wise!

7 It has no commander,
no overseer or ruler,

8 yet it stores its provisions in summer
and gathers its food at harvest.


Now these ants were not carrying the cockroach across the ground but up a wall!!!
I wonder if they were singing a chant to keep them all moving at the same time. In my mind they were screaming....HEEV....HO....HEEV....HO. I watched them and they made it up the entire wall and into a crack where they will be able to feed their whole clan!
Just another aspect of God's amazing creation.
PS. I like having ants around who want to eat cockroaches!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Court,

You are soooo funny!!!! I am thankful that you got my wit and sense of humor in your genes!!! Laughter/sense of humor are such a wonderful gift from our Lord.
Hugs and kisses to both of you - my count down has begun for your homecoming!!!!
Love ya,
MOM