When Preston and I were home in January, I bought a can of cherry pie filling.
It is one of the things I can't find here yet so I thought it would be a special treat one day to have a homemade cherry pie.
Well today WAS going to be the lucky day. I first got out my cherry pie filling, then I got out my Crisco (which was also bought at home). I opened the lid to find....my favorite part of Mexico....ants. They were just around the lid and on the top so I picked them out and put the Crisco in the fridge. I tried to get my mind off that and went for the flour. I opened the flour and started to measure out a 1/2 cup when I noticed something black in the cup and it was still moving. Yep a bug...and then I looked into the canister and saw yet another one. I shut the lid with a gross feeling in my stomach. I have since put the flour in the trash and now the cherry pie filling is back in the pantry.
Maybe I will try again another day :)
There will be days like this my momma said.
1 comment:
Ugh!! Irritating!! But thankfully you can get flour in Mexico!! I was so scared you were going to say something was wrong with the cherry filling!! Love you girl! Thanks for your sacrifice for the King!
Post a Comment