Monday, December 14, 2009

In honor of Betsy and Barbara

Betsy, this is what I was telling you about the other day :)

So, for several years now I have made a sweet potato casserole recipe from my dear friend Betsy and her momma Barbara. It is delicious. Perhaps the best I have EVER had. While I make it for both thanksgiving and Christmas it makes me think about the two of them and how much I love Betsy and how much I miss Barbara. Well this year while I was making our casserole for Thanksgiving I had something extra to smile about........ white sweet potatoes.

Yes, it is true, there are white sweet potatoes. I have bought them by accident here before when I was making sweet potato fries. But NEVER for a casserole that is supposed to be orange!!!
Check it out.......

Looks extremely funny but tastes the exact same. I told Preston, this would be a great way to get all you people out there to try sweet potato casserole who use the "not liking the orange color" excuse!! Hope that makes you smile Betz!!! Love you.

P.S I bought the sweet potatoes from under the sign that said Orange sweet potatoes....although someone put white ones under the wrong sign :)

1 comment:

Kelly said...

MMM ... looks yummy! How about posting the recipe :)