Thursday, February 14, 2008

My little STAR. GO #5

Well Preston has joined a basketball league with some guys here in town who play basketball in a local park. Preston would go and play with them but it was rough street ball. Now they are joining a league where they actually have to play the real game. Preston is really excited for this new opportunity for many reasons.

1. It is an open door to building deeper relationships
2. Getting some extra exercise
3. They have real jersey uniforms and he hasn't had one since Jr. High!!

They are actually first in the league right now. They had a few games while we were in the States but Preston's first game was last night!!
Unfortunately I wasn't able to make it to the debut because I was hosting a scrap booking night (getting ready for V-day). So we don't have pictures of the game but here is the game face from Preston....

He scored 12 points and had maybe 8 rebounds. Unfortunately they lost but Preston is very excited. The next game is Sunday at 5 but Preston is preaching!! He told the guys he had to preach and they were excited to hear there could be someone praying for them while they were playing!!
We find out tomorrow when the next game is though. I will definitely attend and bring back some pictures for everyone!
If anyone knows any scouts from the NBA please call them and let them know Preston is back on the courts hooping it up!!

PG- I think you have a whole new gamut of opportunities in the near future. I am just happy to walk by your side and support you the whole way. I Love you!

1 comment:

lori said...

este hombre atletico! Ha! Hope you guys do well, Preston! Miss you guys!

Lori (Could I use any more exclamation marks?!)