Sunday, April 5, 2009

Our new spot


Preston and I found this new little spot by chance. It was one of those miserable days where we lost internet and we had to fill out our March Madness brackets so we headed up to the Plaza. We were going to Starbucks but it was jammed packed and there wasn't even a seat available. So we found a bench and just used the Wifi of the Plaza. After our quick internet fill we were going to head back home and I spotted it...Italian Ice cream....aka Gelato. I didn't have my hopes too high but I thought it might cheer us up.

We both ordered cookies and cream. It was heavenly! The best ice cream I've had in MX. Now to Betsy and others who have experiences the real gelato. It wasn't Italy but it was smooth and tasty. I am convinced that you can only find real gelato in Italy. Anyway, I think we have created a monster in us. We decided that cone was so good that we went back the next Friday as a date. My mouth kept telling me to get cookies and cream but I am so predictable and I am getting tired of it. So I told Preston that I am going to try all the flavors! He agreed to the challenge and together we are going to conquer our quest! We must admit we have been back yet again. So we have already tried
*cookies and cream
*coconut
*hazelnut
*tiramisu
*berry

They have all been absolutely delicious and it has been so refreshing trying new flavors. Now every time we go we place all the flavors in our favorite order. After we have finished our quest I will have to give you the final results...best to worst flavors :)

Just know next time you come to visit you will have to try our Mexican Italian Ice Cream!!

2 comments:

Betsy said...

Woohoo!! Gelato!! Hey, something is better than nothing, right? There's a gelato shop in KC that is really good - took Barron there once to try it out. Yum. We'll have to come visit ya'll soon for tacos and gelato :) ha!

Jeffrey said...

I think I ate there last summer!