Sunday, June 10, 2007

House Invasion!!!

Last night we received a few blessings!!! First we received our first rain of the season but with that we received a huge surprise!!!

We were watching a movie in the living room (in the dark). When we turned on the lights we were surprised to find around 20 slugs in our front door entry way!!! So we got out the salt to kill them. When we opened the front door and looked outside we soon realized we were being invaded by the Mexican slug army!!!

Here are a few pictures you are never going to believe. Every white spot you see is where a dead slug is lying!! Keep in mind....when the salt hits the slugs they shrink...imagine when they were all alive and 3-4 inches long. It seemed like it was off of a movie!!! (The pictures don't do justice)(Try to click on the pictures because the bigger the better!)



This is right outside our front door.....all waiting to enter!!
There were even a few who took a dip in the pool.


Oh the surprises from living in Mexico!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey court,

It is really to bad that slugs are not like escargot! I am sure somewhere in this world they are considered a "great eat"!!! Talk to you tomorrow.
LOVE,
MOM

Betsy said...

Ok, that is gross but so funny because Monday night I was out on my porch and I had three huge slugs out there!! Gross!! (But yes, you've got me beat!) Love ya girl!

Anonymous said...

Gross, Gross, Gross! I almost forgot about slugs until I left Clarissa's place a couple weeks ago and almost stepped on a couple on my way out. Slimy stuff! I can't believe how many you had! It was like a bad movie/dream huh? Had to wonder where you were?
Stock up on the salt!

Paula Hanna