These are little beanbags to help Callie learn her alphabet and then learn to spell. I have only made the vowels so far but I was so proud of them, I just had to share.
I made them out of an old pair of blue jeans that I LOVED. The jeans had way too many holes in them so, I patched them and now the patches are falling off....time to throw them away....ya' think~ Not me!! I love them so much I am making them into a learning tool for Callie. The letters are Cricut letters "Storybook" cut out of felt.You simply sew on the letters. Sew three sides of the bag, fill it with 1/3 cups of beans, sew the last edge and ta-da...a beanbag.
Size of material : 4x4
Letters: 2.5 inches
On Rebekah's blog you can find out how to make these simple beanbags for orphans. I am selfishly making Callie a set first but my goal is to make other kids some as well.
Join me in the sewing fun??
Thanks Rebekah for this lovely idea. You are such an inspiring woman...thanks
Don't forget to check out Yeebird when you have a chance!
1 comment:
Courtney--
These are way better than mine. You are so talented. I miss you. I really do.
Keep up with the blogging and sewing. You are so gifted!
Post a Comment