Thursday, December 13, 2007

Decorating the house!

Last year we didn't even decorate for Christmas because being in the tropical climate at times can be hard to motivate yourself that it is actually winter and Christmas is just around the corner. This year Preston and I decided we really needed to get into Christmas and decorate the house and get a tree.

Tree selection
Both sides please don't take offense of what I am about to say. Preston and I have really been struggling with what kind of tree we wanted to buy. I have always grown up with a real tree. Fake trees to me are a little boring. I love the smell of a fresh pine tree, and I couldn't imagine having a tree sitting in my living room but it not being alive! But on the other hand I have fallen more in more in love with our environment. I try to think of ways to protect mother nature and be a good steward of God's green earth. So recently I have been convicted of my love for real trees at Christmas. The poor tree gets chopped down to only be decorated for a few weeks and then thrown in the trash! So the tree hugger in me didn't want to get a real tree.
So our conclusion...... we bought a real tree but he is going to last for our whole life!! He is a baby tree that we will keep all year round planted in a pot and therefore we have the best of both worlds: a real tree and we planted a tree instead of cutting down a tree!!!
So our tree's name is Arbol which means tree. He is really little right now but really cute!! Hopefully he will continue to grow bigger each year after I feed him lots of Miracle grow!!

First you have to get everything out of totes! Penguins everywhere!!!
We set up first the reason we celebrate: The Manger
Christmas at the Goings!!
Introducing Arbol! Putting on the lights

Preston hanging the first ornament
Me hanging an ornament
Instead of a star we put a cross
Our little Arbol
Entertainment center again
Mom you don't have to worry about us not having anything to open on Christmas!!
Thanks in advance family and friends for all the gifts! We are so blessed.
My favorite part...turning off the lights and enjoying our tree.

Remember like I said above. I was not trying to bash your decision making in what kind of tree you have for Christmas. Everyone has their own likes and dislikes. I am not criticizing, only sharing from my heart and my thought process.
Yeah for decorating for Christmas! I love sitting in front of our little tree and the billion penguins!
Merry Christmas from the Goings!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's Awesome. Arbol looks great! Good idea!