Thursday, December 27, 2007

I am officially a Malesky

So the Malesky family has a tradition at Christmas to make "Yeast Twists" It has always been such a sacred thing to me and I have always been afraid to make them for myself. Preston fits right in the family and he loves to eat them so he begged me again this year to make them. So I did the dreaded.....I called my mom and asked for the recipe again!!! I thought for sure there is no way I am going to be able to do these but I will try for Preston. My mom has taught me a few times but I wasn't ready to jump from the tree and fly.
The morning of Christmas came and the dough had set in the fridge all night. I started getting knots in my stomach as I thought of the challenge before me. Preston got out the camera....no pressure! But all this drama lead to success. I am officially a Malesky. Honestly I think it is just in our blood!! So here are the pictures from that life event. I know it will make both my Mom and Dad proud!!! Even though I didn't get to meet my Grandma I thought about her the whole time I was making them and I know she would be proud too!





Here is the final product.....a happy husband enjoying yeast twists~


Side note: my Aunt Andrea was making them for the first time this year as well. I hope they turned out Andrea...I am sure they were great!

No comments: